Hi Vegetarian Carnivores! I have been getting a lot of positive feedback on some of my most recent posts revolving around easy recipes with mainly pantry staples and few ingredients. I’m so happy you are all enjoying them and so I am continuing the trend. Today I’m sharing my vegan cauliflower alfredo recipe!
As you might be aware, traditional alfredo is made with tons of heavy cream, parmesan, and heaps of butter. That may have sounded nice to me before my plant based transformation. However, since my shift, I now recognize that my stomachaches after eating dairy Alfredo were not normal.
No, it is not, in fact, normal to bloat out like a balloon and feel nauseous after eating a bowl of food. But it did feel and taste so freaking indulgent while having it! So was it possible to recreate the best of both worlds? That is, eating something that tastes creamy and satisfying, but leaves you feeling satiated but not sick to your stomach…
So the answer to that question is a resounding YES! Yes, it was absolutely possible to have a guilt free Alfredo pasta sauce that hurt no animals and hurt no stomachs.
This vegan cauliflower Alfredo checks all the boxes! It is wholesome, creamy, healthy, and lower carb and fat than its non vegan counterpart! And the best part? It is SO easy to make, with just a handful of staple ingredients and 10 minutes, this vegan Alfredo will have you hooked!
So without further ado, let’s get started!
- 1 medium cauliflower head, broken into pieces
- 1 cup creamy plant milk
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and sauteed
- 1 tsp Better than Bouillion base (or any broth paste/cube you have)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Parsley, to garnish
- Boil cauliflower pieces until easily pierced through with a fork. Drain liquid.
- In the same pot, add plant milk, garlic, red pepper, broth base, and salt.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until it is uniform and no lumps remain.
- Use over any pasta and garnish with parsley and more black pepper!
This recipe was literally so very simple and I’m so excited to see all of your recreations of it! It is creamy, deliciously garlicky, and full of whole food plant based goodness!
Write to me in the comments- I love to hear from you!
See you soon
Janani <3 <3