Hey guys! It’s been a couple weeks since my last post and I thought that it is the perfect time to share another recipe with you guys. This past couple of weeks has been pretty busy for me, and I found myself not having enough time to eat on time/ enough food/ good food.
So a few days ago, after a full day of studying and running errands, I found myself at 6 pm realizing that I actually hadn’t eaten anything that day(terrible, I know!). I was in desperate need of carbs so I decided to raid my kitchen in search of the most carb loaded items I could find.
Now this recipe isn’t one that I have been following for a long time at all. In fact, I literally just threw this together off the top of my head with whatever I already had. And I love to do this, because it gives me a chance to use things in my kitchen before they go bad, while discovering crazy new ways to use them. I find cooking to be more fun this way, because I find the uncertainty in how a particular experiment will turn out particularly mysterious and it keeps the interest alive.
Perhaps the most difficult thing for me to do is actually measuring out things. I’m more of an “eyeball it” kind of cook, but for the purposes of showing others how I do things, I have made a more conscious effort to make measurements to my recipes.
Enter: Spaghetti Quesadillas! Crazy, and quite possibly blasphemous, I know. But they did just the trick! In fact, I couldn’t even completely finish a whole one. Now without further ado…
Spaghetti, dry, 2 oz
Marinara sauce, 1 cup (I usually use homemade but this time I had no time to make my own so I used bottled)
Cremini mushrooms, 1 cup, sliced
Garlic, 2 cloves, finely chopped
Olive oil, for sauteeing
Whole wheat tortillas, 2
Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Boil some salted water and cook the spaghetti until well done. If you prefer al dente, go for it, but I like my pasta really well done.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a skillet and sautee your mushrooms until they shrink.
- Once the mushrooms have turned into a dark brown color, add one cup of marinara sauce to the mixture and stir.
- Strain the spaghetti and add it to the mushroom mixture and mix well.
- In a flat top skillet, heat one tortilla and add parmesan until it just starts to melt.
- Carefully place one to two tongs worth of spaghetti and top with more parmesan.
- Cover the tortilla with the remaining tortilla.
- Flip carefully when the cheese begins to melt.
- Serve immediately.
Now this isn’t something I would eat regularly, but it definitely fulfilled its purpose of loading up on carbs.
I hope you all find something useful from this recipe! Leave me some comments below and let me know how it goes for you!
See you soon!
Janani <3 <3